Friday, July 25, 2008

Sleeping Angels

I think we are all familiar with the expression, "Sleeping like a baby." After having all of my children, I realize I really don't care for that expression. I much prefer, "Sleeping like an angel", because my babies were never really good sleepers. Not one of them has slept through the night before the age of one year. But, when they do sleep, they are angels...beauties from heaven that I thank God for every day.
When Riley was about six and a half months old, I took a really cool (I think) black and white photo of him in the dark with light cascading over his face, while he slept like an angel. I liked the photo so much that I made a plan to do the same thing for the three other children I was planning on having.
So, when I went out searching for a frame, I bought not one, but four of the same frame so that I would have for the other three. This plan was put into action a little more than four and a half years ago. It's hard to believe how time flies, because I took the final photo of the series last week.

These photos are of my sleeping angels in order from oldest to youngest.

No comments: