Friday, October 5, 2007

A Beautiful Fall Day

Well, it's about time I gave everyone an update. Firstly, we are having some fabulous fall weather in Ontario. We hit a high of 27 degrees today. It was beautiful. And, if there ever was a day to go waterskiing in October, today was the day. It was quite calm all day. Unfortunately, I, Evelyn, am on duty, so, that wasn't going to happen as I had to inspect a defaulter at 6 pm. But, the weather has been so great that we have all been able to enjoy it. Yesterday, we made a huge pile of leaves in the front yard and the kids played in them. I got some cool pictures of the boys. Grace didn't want to have anything to do with posing for pictures in a pile of leaves.



Our weekends have been busy. Last weekend was the RMC Ex-Cadet Weekend. Basically, it's the equivalent of homecoming for other universities. Our friend, Jason Beschorner stayed here with us and we had a few other visitors on the weekend. Clay played volleyball with other ex-cadets against the current RMC volleyball team. So, he had a few social events to attend. It was a good weekend for getting together with old friends.

The weekend of 22 Sep, I threw a surprize birthday party for Clay. It was awesome as he didn't even have a clue. After supper, I took him into town for a date and then gave him the excuse that I wasn't feeling good and had to go home. When we got home, our friends were in the backyard. It was the traditional, cheezy surprize, but I think he was really didn't know anything about it.

As for the kids, they are all doing great. We lost our in-home babysitter to some very unfortunate circumstances. A good friend in the neighbourhood, Cinia, will take care of the kids until Clay's parents arrive Dec 16th. The kids have all adjusted well. Cinia and Peter have a 4 yr old son too. He goes to the same school as Riley, same class and is even on the same bus. So it worked out well. Grace loves her and even didn't want to come home with me this afternoon. Thank goodness, my Brodie wanted hugs and love from his Mommy. Grace almost made me cry.

Well, that's about all. Here are some photos over the past few weeks. Enjoy. Evelyn

No comments: