Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bartering is Alive and Well

Why pay when you can do a favour back for someone? Erika, a good friend of mine in need of daycare two days per week, traded off some daycare time with me. She watched my kids for a few days over the last couple weeks, and now I am returning the favour. Melina is an excellent little girl and plays so well with both Fiona and Grace. It is really a joy to have her hang out with us. Here are some photos of their playtime outside today.



As well, it was my neighbour's, Kathryn, birthday today. I really didn't have time to get a card today, so here's what I came up with on my own. I plagerized a few ideas from my sister who actually has real talent in this department.

In the last photos, you will see my girls wearing crowns. Why should the boys have all the fun? While they went out to Beavers tonight, the girls and I made princess crowns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea that you are bartering. Just recently I started bartering myself. I am currently offering accounting skills on http://barterquest.com and have made several successful trades in the past.

auntie connie said...

The b'day card is amazing!! Love the stitching on the letters. And you don't think you have talent... tsk! tsk! Aren't sewing machines wonderful? Just make sure you designate one needle for cards and another for fabric. The paper does dull the needle, and you can feel it when sewing tightly woven fabrics.