Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Is Coming and So Is...

....My due date!!! I can't believe that there is less than a month until my due date, New Years Day. Clay and I don't have much ready for the baby. We have to move the second crib back to our room, get the carseat ready and maybe put a few meals in the freezer. I am feeling great and really wouldn't know I was pregnant except that I hit my belly with car door every once in a while. I had an appointment a week and a half ago and the baby was head down and in the go position. The heart rate was 154bpm and the baby was kicking and squirming a lot. We are starting to get just a little bit excited. I am still working full time but next week is my last week of work. I am super busy trying to get things done before I just take off for Christmas and don't come back for 5 months. The picture of me in the slide show was taken this past Tuesday at 36 weeks.

Today, we finally decorated the tree that we bought and set up five days ago. We are very excited about finally getting that and a few other Christmas things done. Clay put up the lights outside this morning and the other outdoor Christmas decorations. So, our house is really shaping up for the holidays.

The kids had lots of fun sledding down the slope in our yard while Clay was stringing up lights this morning. The boys treated the toboggan like a snow board and went down it standing up. As for Grace, the only thing she likes about the snow is sledding in it. Otherwise, she pretty much hates being all bundled up and trying to walk through snow. And yes, we actually do have snow before Christmas this year. It is so beautiful. This is the first Christmas since our arrival in Kingston that we will have snow for the holidays.

Otherwise all else is going well. Clay is working really hard on his thesis. His parents will be arriving next Sunday to celebrate Christmas and help us when the new baby arrives. Clay has taken the boys out skating a few times, while Grace and mommy do girly things like paint our toe nails. I really do love having a girl. That's it for now. Enjoy the pictures.

Evelyn and the gang


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So when I look at Grace, I think of Auntie Connie. Wait! That's me! Those chubby checks used to hang from my face. So did Daddy teach them how to "snowboard" down the hill? Too funny. You might have some daredevils in the making... Which is more daring? I would guess Brodie.